Monday 3 February 2014

Film #41: LIFE OF PI (2012)

Is it bad to say I didn't like this film? I mean I was bitterly disappointed. Firstly I thought the animation of the animals was horribly bad, you could definitely tell that they were computer animated and that ruined the narrative for me. Also the story line was almost like Castaway but instead of Wilson the ball it was Richard the tiger. I just felt like the institution were focusing too much on the animation and not on the story itself. Also I hated how they shot some of the scene as they decided to alter the screen from wide screen to fill screen to a tiny square in the middle at one point and it made it hard to watch and concentrate on the film. I know many people would disagree with this viewpoints, especially all the academies that gave the film a million awards (ok that was an exaggeration), but I felt the same way I did after watching Avatar, that not enough time was given to the narrative and focused way too much on the buzz around the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment