Sunday 5 January 2014

Film #33: MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS (1944)

This was a strange film, it was a lovely romance but was extremely bizarre as everything happened in the last 5mins after a long time of nothing major happening. It was beautiful music with the wonderful voice of Judy Garland. I'm kinda at a crossroads as to whether I enjoyed it or not, as on the one hand I wouldn't mind watching it again but on the other hand I thought it dragged and I can't see myself being in the mood to want to watch it. However I thought it was really nicely shot and constructed and was definitely easy to follow, as well as it not containing too many songs, which can often be a problem with some musicals as there are so many songs that it then makes the narrative hard to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment