Tuesday 26 November 2013

Film #19: TOP GUN (1986)

Sorry for not posting for a few days but have had a mental few days.
Top Gun was surprisingly good, I didn't think I would enjoy a film about men flying in planes throughout, however I was pleasantly surprised.
The film follows the life of the spontaneous Maverick (Tom Cruise) and his attempt to graduate from his training in order to become in the Top Guns (hence the name of the film). It follows his life of being in competition with everyone around him in order to get to the top and the love relationship he slowly builds with Charlie (Kelly McGillis).
The acting in this film was really good and it was very well shot making it a beautiful watch. Also who doesn't love the songs Danger Zone or Take My Breath Away by Giorgio Moroder & Tom Whitlock? Answer, no one!
I would recommend this for those how like action films with a little bit of angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment