Monday 21 July 2014

Film #85: THE INN OF THE SIXTH HAPPINESS (1958)

I liked the narrative of the film and the idea behind the ideologies of the film but it was such a long film. In my opinion there were many scenes that could have been cut and made shorter to give the film more pace and it would have kept my attention more. I liked the idea of a women being so determined in her dream to help people that she stops at nothing to make sure that it happens. I also loved her selflessness to help the children once the trouble started. But like I said, the film lacked pace and it became almost like Lord of the Rings in the sense that there were so many scenes of them just walking and talking and it gets boring (although the Lord of the Rings films are amazing and can't be faulted). It was a good film overall but I won't be rushing to watch it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment