Monday 21 July 2014

Film #88: FRIDA (2002)

So I watched this film as my sister made me, we did a swap with each other on one film we felt the other should watch. I gave her my Kill Your Darlings DVD (yes I brought it and I love it) and she gave me her DVD for Frida, the strangest film I've ever watched in my life. It's based on the life of the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. The first stages of her life I found really interesting and she was so brave as she was in an accident on a bus that crashes and her spine ends up messed up as a result meaning that she can barely walk when she goes through lots of different treatments and physiotherapy but she would spend the rest of her life in pain when walking. But as she was recovering she found a love of painting and her work was really interesting the view. However the part of the film that then weirded me out was they portrayed her as being sex obsessed and that her husband also, maybe she was like that but it seemed strange to me and it didn't make sense to me as to why she was when she had a husband. But it was an entertaining to watch, I'll give my sister that.

No comments:

Post a Comment