Monday 21 July 2014

Film #86: CAPTAIN PHILLIPS (2013)

I finally got the chance to see this film and thank God I did. If the World could have seen the excitement I got when I found it was released on Sky On Demand, I was literally bouncing off the walls. And I was right to this film was perfect. I'm so glad they won the awards that they got. I loved the fear and panic I felt throughout the whole film, hoping that they would be safe. I got so into the film that I kept forgetting that Tom Hanks was acting and it wasn't him and kept shouting at my screen "Be careful Tom Hanks, don't die!" My family just laughed at me. It was so shocking that this was a true story and I feel for the people that got put through the trauma on that ship. But Hanks' performance was out of this world, he aced it. I won't spoil what happens except that the ship gets taken over by Somali pirates who try to steal the ship to take it to their boss in order to sell it. There was a beautiful scene towards the end of the film and Hanks' performance made me weep, here's a clue without spoiling it, he is tied up and says that he's sorry (almost Castaway style) and that he loves his family when in a complete state of shock and fear for his life. It was a beautiful film.

No comments:

Post a Comment