Tuesday 22 July 2014

Film #94: ONE DAY (2011)

I had never seen this film all the way through and I was stupid not to have. It is a wonderful and beautiful romcom and I was blown away by the performances of Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. The film follows the lives of the two main characters Emma (Hathaway) and Dexter (Sturgess) and shows their lives on one particular day, the day they met, throughout the course of their lives. It's a remarkable encounter as their relationship kind of does a Ross and Rachel from Friends of being friends to liking each other but not being together, to one of them liking the other while the other likes someone else and vise versa. I loved this concet as it meant that a whole lifetime could be established in the film within a couple of hours as the dialogue then was concise to what they had been up to on the other days of the year when you don't see them. Also I thought that their physical evolution to signify the change in time was really well done so well done to their costume and make up departments. I really liked this film, even though I cried, but the tears were worth it the film was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment