Tuesday 22 July 2014

Film #90: THE INTERNSHIP (2013)

This film was another conventional American comedy with little imagination to the unlimited number of ways that comedy can be created but it never is as directors and writers in (mainly) American comedies depend solely on the actors performances of their dialogue in order to create humour. But if you look at writers/directors such as Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, The World's End) he uses the camera to create comedy over dialogue. Simple executions such as how something enters and exists a shot, the use of travelling for the camera, the transitions between shots, the quick pace editing, the use of music and sound used to the actions of the characters and the beats of the music. All of these methods are ignored by American comedies and makes them dry, repetitive and boring. So in question to my opinion of this film I have to say that I think I laughed once properly throughout the rest of it was sappy dribble and I got bored. I was so annoyed by the end of this film as it received high praise in reviews and a few people I know went to see it and sung that praise also. But I didn't feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment